LATCHKEY CODE OF CONDUCT Latchkey wishes to maintain a favorable climate for activities and learning…one in which students, parents, and administrators can work together productively and with dignity. Instructors will enforce rules in a manner that is firm, kind, and consistent. However, any time a student’s behavior disrupts the learning process, behavior modification techniques will be employed. Our standard of behavior during Latchkey is based on one simple rule: treat others as you would like them to treat you. Parent help in stressing this at home with our students will reinforce our efforts and make them much more effective.
BEHAVIORS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Each person shall act courteously and show respect to those with whom he/she comes in contact: Students, Teachers, Instructors and Visitors. 2. Each person shall respect school property and the personal property of others. Permission must be requested for use of things that belong to others. 3. Fighting and threatening physical behavior or harassment are forbidden. 4. Threatening and abusive language is forbidden. This includes verbal or written. Often in play or anger students have used phrases like “you die,” or “I’ll kill you,” but whether in jest or not, this type of language is not acceptable. Students are expected to follow rules developed by Northmont City Schools.
The code of conduct applies to students any time they are on the property or inside the school building. For a more detailed explanation of Behaviors and Responsibilities please refer to your Parent/Student Handbook distributed by your school Principal. MODIFICATION OF INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR Whenever possible, a positive approach will be utilized. The following range of consequences may be used: 1. First offenses will normally receive warnings. 2. Second offenses will result in removal from group activities. Timeout – 5 min., 10 min., etc. 3. Further offenses will result in the Instructor informing parents of the inappropriate behavior. Principal will be informed and will be included in evaluation of consequences if needed. 4. Continued Misbehaviors May Be Cause For Dismissal From The Childcare Services. Parents, please go over this Code of Conduct with your child(ren). Sign and return the form below as indication of your support. We are also asking each student to sign as an indication of their understanding and agreement to follow Latchkey Rules. Tear off and return bottom portion of this page. Keep top portion for your records. LATCHKEY CODE OF CONDUCT Date____________________ I understand the Latchkey Rules and agree to follow them. _____________________________ (Student Signature, Printing is OK) I have read and agree to support the Code of Conduct._________________________________ (Parent/Guardian Signature)
LATCHKEY EMERGENCY MEDICAL FORM
LATCHKEY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1.How much does Latchkey cost? Northmont Latchkey (Englewood Elementary, Englewood Hills, Northmoor, Northwood, & Union Elementary) currently costs $3.20 per hour for the first child and $2.90 for each additional child in the family. YMCA Latchkey (Kleptz Early Learning Center) costs $3.30 per hour.
2.What are the Latchkey hours at my school? Latchkey hours for Before & After School Care are:
i. Englewood Elementary 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
ii. Englewood HIlls Elementary 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
iii. Northmoor Elementary 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
iv. Northwood Elementary 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
v. Union Elementary 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
vi. Kleptz Early Learning Center 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
3. What happens if I’m late picking my child up? Late pick up will result in an additional charge of $1 for every minute.
4. How often am I billed? Invoices are sent home every two weeks and are due at that time. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in dismissal from the program.
5. Can my child wait for me outside at the end of the day? Parents MUST sign children out at the end of the day. No child will be permitted to wait outside for a parent to pick up.
6. Does Latchkey provide breakfast and snacks? Breakfast is available for purchase every morning in the school cafeteria. A snack is provided after school for no additional charge.
7. What happens if school is closed? In the event of a weather related delay, Latchkey will open at the normal time. However, if Northmont City Schools close for weather, Latchkey will be closed as well. If you have already dropped off, it is imperative that you make immediate arrangements for your child to be picked up. Parents are urged to have a reliable “back up” plan in place for situations such as this.
8. What about holidays and breaks? Northmont Latchkey is open on days when school is in session. This includes the last day of school. If Northmont City Schools are closed, Latchkey is closed as well.